With Loop products such as the AM3440-D, a DTE interface can be extended over copper wire pairs or any E1 transport facility. For each mini Quad E1 plug-in card, each card can have as many as DS0 124 time slots from RS232, X.21, V.35, and EIA530 interfaces, which can be multiplexed to fill 4 E1 lines. The AM3440-D also supports fiber optical plug-in cards, which can be used to aggregate up to 4 E1 channels onto a single fiber optical interface to connect with other AM3440 devices or O9310 devices.
The AM3440-D has 9 mini size plug-in slots. The plug-in cards are compatible with all mini size slots of the AM3440-A/B/C series.
This unit is a full cross-connect and can act as a mini DACS: one or more of the WAN ports can be used as a Drop & Insert with fractional E1 lines, which can then be multiplexed into a full E1 line.
Redundancy is available in dual CPU controller and power supply options, making it an excellent fit for critical applications. The chassis does not contain a fan and has no need for fan cooling.
The Loop-AM3440-D supports local control and diagnostics by using an external 2-line, 40-character LCD display and keypads, or by using a VT-100 terminal connected to the console port. The Loop-AM3440 also supports Ethernet, Telnet, and SNMP management so it can be controlled and diagnosed from remote locations. An in-band management channel with GUI is available.
The Loop-AM3440-D consists of a rugged reinforced aluminum chassis, giving this equipment a durable structure and a long-lasting physical life.
- 2U height, Full front access (ETSI) Shelf
- Support of DS0 DACS (Digital Access Cross-Connect System) with full cross-connect
- Dual controller, dual DC power with load sharing
- 1 for 1 protection, Y-BOX
- 1 for 1 protection, E1, T1, FOM
- PDH ring protection, FOM, Mini QE1
- Console, Telnet, SNMP, and Inband management support
- Craft interface port for connection to external LCD display
- Compatible to a SNMP-based GUI network management system and supported by LoopView and Loop iNMS*
- All the plug-in cards are hot-pluggable