Each of the 3 models of AM3440-A, B, and C has a number of plug-in slots in single slot size and mini size. Card size to slot compatibility is detailed on the next page.
This unit is a full cross-connect and can act as a mini DACS: one or more of the WAN ports can be used as a Drop & Insert function with fractional E1/T1 lines, which can be muxed into a full E1/T1 line.
Redundancy is available in dual CPU controller and power supply options, making it an excellent fit for critical applications. The chassis does not need fan cooling, and thus does not have a fan, though an external fan tray is available.
The AM3440 supports local control and diagnostics by using a VT-100 terminal connected to the console port. There are LED indications for all plug-in cards. The AM3440 also supports Ethernet, Telnet, and SNMP, so that it can be controlled and diagnosed from remote locations. An in-band management channel with GUI is available.
The AM3440 consists of a rugged reinforced aluminum chassis, giving this equipment a durable structure and a long-lasting physical life.
- Full frontal access (ETSI) Shelf
- DS0 DACS (Digital Access Cross-Connect System) with full cross-connect support
- Dual controller, dual power with load sharing
- 1 for 1 protection via Y-BOX
- 1 for 1 protection, E1, T1, FOM
- PDH ring protection, QE1, QT1, FOM, Mini QE1
- Console, Telnet, and Inband management support
- SNMP v.1 and v.3
- Craft interface port for connection to external Intelligent Front Panel
- Compatible to a SNMP based GUI network management system and supported by LoopView and Loop iNMS
- Three chassis types available: AM3440-A, AM3440-B, AM3440-C
- All the plug-in cards are hot-pluggable